UK order tracking

All Megane Electric related discussions
OldFartAtPlay

Post by OldFartAtPlay »

Ah, that is disappointing, thanks for warning us

StokeMJ

Post by StokeMJ »

One thing to bear in mind is that the on line tracking doesn’t seem to be up to date at times

When we had a test drive (October) the salesman looked at the system and it gave a scheduled build date of 4/11 and delivery early December (his feeling from experience over the last few months was that there was a small chance we might get the car December)

Looking at the online checker every couple of days it gave my order as ‘processing’ until the 19/11. On 20/11 that changed to give a build date on 3/11 and a progression to ‘shipment’ on 7/11. It had therefore been showing the wrong status for over 2 weeks
tarbat

Post by tarbat »

I just checked with Renault UK on WhatsApp, and my "PRIORITY LIST" car is still stuck in France awaiting shipping schedule. Looking unlikely for the handover the dealer thinks will happen next weekend

1.jpg

BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

My dealer has said the information they get is unreliable and the trackers are very inaccurate. He said it's difficult and he thinks some customers think they're making up the details they give out! My car was ordered 2 July ( "Priority list"), it was showing as ordered, then in build for three weeks and ever since (two weeks or so now) has shown as awaiting transport. The expected delivery date to me showed as 25 November to 2 December and changed to 27 November to 2 December as the first dates passed. It then stuck on those dates even as more and more of them were actually passed. Today the car still shows as awaiting transport, the expected delivery date has disappeared altogether, the dealer has no idea where the car is or when it will arrive in the UK and my understanding is from UK arrival to hand over is generally about three weeks. As the car appears to not have moved to a docks for shipping yet, I can't see anyway it will be with me before new year. Much longer than that and I may even ask if they'll hold it for the 23 reg. on 1 March (assuming it is there by then... I'm genuinely not certain it will be!).
tarbat

Post by tarbat »

So one person in Birmingham on our Facebook group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/699737611042684 ) has now taken delivery of their Techno, but I'm wondering if some dealers are starting to sell their demo/showroom cars.

Yesterday, after my conversation with Renault UK, my dealer phoned transport again to get an update and they have advised the car has arrived at the import centre. It is requiring rectification work which is fitting some components and then will be sent up to the branch. Looking at 2-3 weeks away.
OldFartAtPlay

Post by OldFartAtPlay »

My dealer emailed me last night - car is now at import centre, expected at the dealership within 2 weeks. Tracker still saying expected delivery 7 - 14 December.
51mes

Post by 51mes »

Borrowed DSG Morecambes demo for the day today to do a long run...

We had a look on the system - My Launch Edition is at the import centre - but they don't have a delivery date yet..

I was hoping for January, but it may yet be before Christmas.... Have a chunk of stuff to do before hand - trading in the golf, deciding if I'm sticking a vanity plate on it.

But really lookng forwards to it - not least because I'm out of the Golf.
BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Just been told my car is in the country and I should get it before Christmas! Tracker still shows it awaiting transport from the factory. I guess this shows again that the tracker can't be trusted but also shows it can be showing the cars well behind where they actually are! Hoping I'll soon be posting to say I have the car...
tarbat

Post by tarbat »

My online tracking status has finally been updated to "Shipment", backdated to 16th November.

1.jpg

MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

They're her.jpg

Its Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just been contacted by the garage I'm getting my car from. They have it, need to go through their PDI checks, apply paint protection , and charge the car fully for me. I should be collecting it on Friday.

Can't wait!!!!!!