UK order tracking

All Megane Electric related discussions
BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

I'm getting a range of between 160 and 180 but I think this is down to the cold snap and the car therefore using charge to heat the batteries and the car interior.

I've read/seen a good number of reviews of the car where they have achieved about the stated range so I'm not expecting a long term issue. If we are all suffering on range it suggests this isn't a problem with individual cars (as it sounds like they are all similar) but is also doesn't look to be a problem generally (given the reviews) so hopefully it will pick up as it gets warmer.

In answer to MonteCol, I did get mats and a charge card, although we couldn't get the charge card to work (when setting it up on my 'phone, it just kept hanging when I entered my card details). Not sure how much use this card is anyway? Isn't it just one of many ways of paying at various public chargers? This is my first EV so I have no experience of public chargers yet.

MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

Hi again.
I’ve had a few long journeys now in zero degrees and up to 10 degrees Celsius and the stated range has been 200 in the freezing cold and now around 225 given the warmer temperatures. Bear in mind this is all massively affected by driving style, journey types and drive mode selected. I’m tending to stick to eco at the minute but that’s entirely as a learning curve. We’ll all just have to keep going and keep updating on here. Patterns will emerge if there are issues.

Thanks for the updates re the mats and mobilize card. I did think this would be standard but the dealer made it seem like they were doing me a favour!

Re the mobilize card hanging Billy. Mine did the same and I raised a technical issue with Renault for it. Are you by any chance using an iPhone to activate the card? I was and had that issue but I fortunately tried an Android phone and the card activated without a hitch. I have a feeling the issue is something to do with pop up blocking on the iPhone even though I’ll bet you don’t have this option deactivated in your settings. I passed this detail back to Renault but have heard nothing further.

As you’ve stated though the mobilize card is just another way to pay type of thing. The dealer told me it gave preferential rates at some public chargers but I’m yet to find any that do.

This is my first ev and using public chargers for the first times was a bit worrying given some of the hype you hear/read about. I can confirm that the experience was all good though and, expensive as it was, the IONITY one I used was very straight forward.
BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Thanks MonteCol, yes, I was using an iPhone so that could be the problem. Will try setting the card up on an android one at some stage.

My rate of consumption was clearly better today (first time I've been more than a couple of miles in above zero temperatures) as I did about 14 miles and ended up with more remaining range predicted than when I left!
tarbat

Post by tarbat »

Got my LE today. After an 80% charge (as recommended by Renault), I have 192 miles range, so a projected 100% range of 240 miles.

20221221_173910.jpg

StokeMJ

Post by StokeMJ »

Out of interest how many keycards are provided with the car?
Gregmobile

Post by Gregmobile »

2 of the weird keycards with mine.
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

DoublePudge.

I forgot to reply to this part of the questions you asked………

Re range displayed on the car - mine showed 280 on the day I picked it up but that was in the showroom under a car cover overnight so nice and warm. Outside temperatures where I live were zero degrees at best the next week or so and after my first charge the maximum range showed 190. However, I reset the trip meter with the right hand toggle switch on the steering wheel (hold it down for a few seconds) and this increased the range to 210. After the next charge I did the same and this increased the range to 240. The temperature was around 8 degrees at this point.

I’m currently sat at about 50% battery and will charge again in a few days. I’ll let you know what happens after this one.
Leni16

Post by Leni16 »

Picked my car up today 90 mile drive home, mostly dual carriageway with a stop off in a busy town to pick something up, just under 40% battery used. Really enjoyed the drive.
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

Leni16.

Nice one. Really happy for you and glad you enjoyed the drive. I’m finding that my car is really relaxed when I want it to be but can also be involving if I want to push on a bit.

Forgive me if you’ve already posted this but what colour and spec did you opt for?
Leni16

Post by Leni16 »

White black roof, techno