UK order tracking

All Megane Electric related discussions
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Car is still in Portbury since 30th Nov, just 90 miles away. Dealer expects delivery to their central hub Fri 16th Dec, should get it end of next week. Dealer states they have no control over delivery until it reaches their central hub. Noticed that prices on the E Tech have risen and price on Vehicle Registration Document is far higher than on my dealer invoice. Dealer doesn’t know why but assures me what I will be billed is same as invoice.

StokeMJ

Post by StokeMJ »

The price on the registration document is the list price on the day they register it. It is the price they use to determine the VED

It is not relevant to us but if you buy a petrol car with a list price over £40k then it would be subject to the premium car tax. The dealer has to register the list price even if you pay less than £40k because of discounts etc

They have announced the premium car tax on EV’s but will only apply to those registered new on or after March 2025 so not applicable to us
BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Picked up my car last Monday (12/11) but have only just been able to take a photo' as I forgot at the dealership and Google maps then took me down every muddy lane it could on the way home so car has been filthy until today!

First impressions generally good. Range around 2/3 of stated but will hopefully improve with better weather and less driving in the dark.

Car is NOT the colour I ordered! Whilst I ordered Shadow Grey originally, I changed it to Ceramic Grey and had confirmation Renault had changed the order. However, Shadow Grey is what was waiting when I arrived at the dealership! Having seen the car "in the flesh" with no black roof (I didn't want that), I was just as happy with Shadow Grey so went with it anyway. Also, I didn't want another wait or another train journey of over 3 hours to collect a replacement. As I ordered from where I saw the car preview (my local dealer didn't seem to have a clue how to place an order back then), I had about a 90 mile trip to collect it and as I sold my car separately it was train time. Probably relief for the dealer who hadn't realised the colour was wrong and who had registered it to me...

Only snags so far are that charging flap seems to take a hard push to open and is temperamental about closing and at first I couldn't get the car to charge as I didn't realise quite how hard the cable needed to be shoved in. I don't get a click when I put the lead in (the handbook says listen for a click). could anybody who has their car let me know if their charging flap and lead attachment are the same as otherwise I may need to query this.

Picture below.

IMG_1337.JPG

DoublePudge

Post by DoublePudge »

Hey. First post here.

But picked mine up on Saturday.
And few points.
Range is showing as about 170 miles. And this is after a full charge to 100%.
Will query in the next few days if this stays the same.

And secondly. The car will not log in to ‘My Renault’.
Every time I get in the car it asks me to log in. But it just gives an error every time I try.
Awaiting a phone call back regarding this point.

Other than that. Car is fantastic thus far.
Nerdy

Post by Nerdy »

Starting to get cold feet now.

Poor range
Missing features
Slow charging
BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Have just seen the comment from MonteCol on the false boot floor.

The floor raises the whole floor by about 15 cm (at a guess, haven't measured it). It's split into one section at the rear of the car (for the cable) and two at the rear of the boot.

The section which comes with the car as standard for the cable can, I think, be accessed by opening it before putting the false floor in (the false floor just drops in so it can be put in and out fairly easily). I've left the lower section shut (and empty) as I can't see any purpose in the cable section being deeper (I won't put anything on top of, or underneath, the cable so it would just be deeper to access).

Obviously it reduces boot space so if you need the full boot then probably best left alone. The remaining boot is, however, heaps big enough for my needs and all my junk is nicely hidden away. Only, very, slightly annoying thing is the section dividers are cut away in places at the bottom (I guess to allow the false floor to sit flat if the original cable section is left open) and small items could slip under. Once spotted, I just put things which were too big to slip under in the spots concerned.

One tip, the compressor and foam for tyre repairs is behind small flaps each side at the rear of the boot, these need to be removed before the floor goes in as the floor stops them being accessible (dealer put my false floor in and didn't spot this but it was easy enough to lift it up and sort things out).

Pleased I got it.

Also, not sure if my earlier comment was read as meaning the car was slow to charge? The car charged as expected once I got the lead in properly so this was just user error or a dodgy lead/charging connector (if it's the later, it will have to be sorted under warranty).
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

Hi all.

Few things to add after reading recent comments and having taken my car on multiple long journeys recently. First to note is the concerns re slow charging - I’ve used both my 7.4kW home charger and a 50kW fast charger now. Granted at home the car took about six and a half hours to charge from 22% to full but this wasn’t unexpected. Twice I’ve done this now and it has been pretty consistent. The 50kW charger took the car from 24% up to 92% in a few second shy of any hour. I was watching the charge rate and even over 90% the input rate was still 34kW. Whilst this isn’t Tesla fast it all meets expectations for me at least so keep an eye open and if charge rates don’t meet expectations take the car to be checked - you may be frowned at by your dealer but there’s a warranty with your cars for a reason.

DoublePudge.
Re your MyRenault login issue - get your app to forget the car and clear all settings in the car and start again. I had a similar thing at the dealers at collection and it appeared to be because I had previously entered the VIN for the car prior to collection. It caused some conflict or other. Give it a crack and see how you get on and again, if that yields no joy take the whole lot back to get someone who’s been trained to look at it.

Billywhizz.
Cheers for the details about the false boot floor. Definitely more food for thought. I had hoped it would raise the floor a little more as my concern was that the deep original floor could cause me issues as I have a bad back but this far I’ve managed really well. Fingers crossed it stays that way. In all honesty though, the false floor could be a foot deep and it still wouldn’t make the Megane’s boot too small. I had a mk3 Focus RS prior to this and the boot was tiny by comparison but we still got by.
Now, your comments re the charging flap are interesting. It does take a firm push at times and the cold can cause havoc with it. I had to be careful after charging the car overnight at an outdoor 7.4kW charger at the end of last week. The car charged fine even though the temperature was zero degrees but the flap was being a proper swine to shut. What I found was the locking mechanism that is on the car’s wing has a central spring loaded post that was a little stiff. After prodding this back and forth a few times the flap finally locked. If I was to guess I’d be thinking that the white grease on the mechanism didn’t react too kindly to the low temperatures and had hardened enough and was stopping the spring loaded post from depressing enough before the rotating lock part for the flap could engage. Hopefully that all makes sense - have a good look at the locking mechanism and I hope you’ll be able to see what I mean.
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

And the last bit to add.
BillyWhizz. Your car looks cracking in shadow grey, especially since you opted for the all over colour. I wanted the ceramic grey and the black roof and I’m really happy with it but I personally think without the black roof it might have looked a bit anaemic with all over ceramic. Call it luck or otherwise but I reckon you’ve got the best of it there.
I hope you played on it at the dealers though and got some freebies thrown in.

Further questions for all though.
Did your cars have floor mats in it as standard and did you get given a Mobilize charge card with the car?
BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Thanks MonteCol, I've since noticed a few other car models in similar colours to the Ceramic Grey (e.g. Ford Puma) and wondered the same. I'm more than happy with the Shadow Grey and as you say, may have had a lucky break! It was hard to judge the colours at the test drive as all the cars there had the black roof option.

I've just tried the charging flap again and it was much easier so either stiff due to being new or, more likely, the cold weather affecting the grease as you suggest.

Whilst out there, I measured the false floor height and it appears to be almost exactly 15 cm.
DoublePudge

Post by DoublePudge »

MonteCol. Thanks for the tip regarding logging in.
Shall give it a try tomorrow.

And yes. Mine had both floor mats and a charge card.

A further question to you and others though.
What has range been like ?
And the range displayed in the car specifically?

When I collected the dealer said something like if it don’t increase I should let him know. But he rattled through things quick I can’t remember exactly what he said.

I did a full charge yesterday and it only got up to a range of 169 miles. Which doesn’t sound right to me ?