UK order tracking

All Megane Electric related discussions
BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Mine has arrived at the dealership. Should be picking it up on Monday (I've ordered the false boot floor from the accessories range, which is coming on Monday, so just waiting on that). Lesson learned re. tracking my order (probably would have saved me a lot of stress if I'd never looked at it!). Will post some photos' when I can.

MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

I ordered the false boot floor too. No sign of that turning up any time soon though as they said it’s on back order. I’m debating what to do though, it’s a block of polystyrene and then a board to go above for £205. I’m not sure if it’ll make the existing cable storage hard to get to?
10 hours and I should have mine. I’ll post picks too - hopefully not with the car covered in snow which it’s happily doing outside at the minute!
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

Finally got my hands on my car.
Well impressed so far but there's a lot to learn.
I'll be sat in the car in the garage working things out for a long time later!

IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

markst1

Post by markst1 »

Great pictures. What’s your initial feedback on the launch edition?
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

So far so good. I’m really pleased with the car. It’s comfortable but also more than capable on the roads. The one thing I can definitely confirm is that it handles really well in the ice and snow!
There’s a few things that would have been nice to see from the European cars like the leather electric seats and dash pad or the dash light bar but these things really don’t detract from the overall experience.
One thing I am pleased with is the Harmon Kardon. It sounds brilliant. Not quite as good as the B&O in my Audi A5 that I used to have but definitely better than the usual suspects.
markst1

Post by markst1 »

Completely agree on the electric seats but my current ID3 doesn’t have that either. My car is supposed to be delivered pre Xmas so looking forward to playing around. Thanks for sharing.
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

Has anybody else got their hands on their car yet? BillyWhizz, you'd said you were due a pickup on Monday - did that happen or are you still waiting? If you did get the car I'd be interested to find out what you had to say with regards to the false boot floor? I'm still wondering if its worth the extra cost and if it makes the remaining space still useable.

One thing to note from my first few days of ownership is the range I've experienced - I'm getting about 190 miles to a full charge as far as the indications go. It has been absolutely Baltic where I live so this isn't unexpected. I did read up on some review or other that said around zero degrees there could be in the region of a 30% drop in range. It could be partially due to inexperience in an EV too though as this is the first I've owned and driven. It'll be good to hear how others get on.

Still loving it though. I definitely think we made the correct choice.
tarbat

Post by tarbat »

So I just had a call from the Executive Team at Renault UK. Delivery delayed again, current estimate is 22nd December, but they can't commit to any date. Next update from them in a week's time.

Given the distance to then transport the car to my dealer (530 miles), it's looking highly likely that Renault aren't going to keep their promise of priority list customers getting their cars before Christmas.
OldFartAtPlay

Post by OldFartAtPlay »

Yep, I heard last night from Renault that my delivery to dealer has slipped from 20th to 23rd - no chance now of getting it before Christmas.
Leni16

Post by Leni16 »

Picking my Megane up this Sunday, sitting at the dealers waiting