UK order tracking

All Megane Electric related discussions
tarbat

Post by tarbat »

BillyWhizz wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:37 am
I can see the model and version (Techno), when I click on details, but can't see how to use the INSPECT option so if there is any advice on this that would be great (although I think the only real option was the colour so as long as this is registererd correctly everything is fine).
If you're using a PC Google Chrome browser, right click on the web page and select Inspect. This might work on other browsers as well.

BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Thanks Tarbat, I got that far but the screen I then get doesn't show CONNEXION anywhere I can see and when I try to follow the Network/Fetch XHR/Preview route on the other screen shot which has been posted I only get an XHR (not Fetch XHR) option and when I click on XHR no new line of tabs comes up so there is no Preview tab to click on. Suspect this is above my IT pay grade! Think I will just have to stay patient, assume everything is OK and hope the dealer may respond to me soon (I emailed on Sunday for an update and told them yesterday that I could now see what looked like a delivery date but have so far heard nothing back!). Must say, whilst I like the car very much, the Renault organisation in many areas has been pretty shocking.
BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Just had my now daily look at the French tracking system and my car has moved from awaiting build to being built. A quick Google suggests a new car goes through the production line within a coupe of days, so hopefully the estimated delivery date of between 25 November and 2 December is going to be hit. Assuming they really have started building UK ordered cars then this must be a good sign for anybody else waiting for their car.

Update - the dealer has now emailed to say they have been given delivery estimate and the car should be with them around the end of November.
OldFartAtPlay

Post by OldFartAtPlay »

That's good. My tracker says delivery 7 - 14 Dec, and dealer has just been in touch to say delivery expected mid December. (Mine is still 'awaiting manufacture'). Promising!
tarbat

Post by tarbat »

Note that according to French and German forums, the web-site order tracking is very unreliable and often does not correlate with reality. Apparently the best indication of when your car has been built and left the factory is by looking at the car in the MyRenault app, where if the "Connecting to the Vehicle" option has appeared it indicates that the car is built and has left the factory.

1.jpg

2.jpg

OldFartAtPlay

Post by OldFartAtPlay »

Interesting. How do you know that the tracker is inaccurate? I can't see anything in the app without adding a registration number or VIN, which I don't have!
tarbat

Post by tarbat »

OldFartAtPlay wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:55 pm
Interesting. How do you know that the tracker is inaccurate? I can't see anything in the app without adding a registration number or VIN, which I don't have!
Ask your dealer for the VIN
OldFartAtPlay

Post by OldFartAtPlay »

Ah, righto, thanks
charlieb1958

Post by charlieb1958 »

Checked the German order tracker yeterday and it said my car (Launch Edition) is built and awaiting transportation, so I logged into the My Renault app and entered my Vin number and got the"Connecting to the vehicle" message. This morning I contacted the dealer who tells they're now expecting my vehicle December 5th not December 23rd. It looks like I better get a spurt on and get my home charger fitted.
Applecrumble

Post by Applecrumble »

Had no idea it was possible to follow the build progress. Have set up an account this evening and tried adding my VIN number but am getting an error message on the app and online - is this working for others? Car is due on the 16th Dec so interesting to hear that delivery dates for some are being brought forward - was originally told March 23 when I ordered!