Regen performance change

Faults and Technical chat for the Renault Megane Electric
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

I'm used to the regen not operating when the car is at 100% charge. Makes sense nowhere to store the excess energy.
But wife picked me up last night and complained the brakes were sharp.
50% charge showing.
Noticed regen not nearly as effective so having to use brakes to slow.
Could this be because it around -3 degrees?
The rengen effect did vary with the paddle position but on full regen just wasn't as effective as normal.
Showing -2 kWh max (often see -22kwh)

Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

Booked car into Motorvoque to investigate the reduced regen to be told its a recent software update to protect the battery life.
No notice to owners just changed.
Very unhappy as we've seen range impacted by the loss of regen being used.
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

So the last software update done during the service has lessened the Regen effect to improve battery life.
Odd as 15K miles on our car using full regen has reduced our battery by 2.5% so now at 97.5%

Really P1ssed that my Dealer Motorvogue Kings Lynn didn't tell us and let us book the car in for tests. (so a wasted trip to drop it off and pick it up) only to be told it was the software update.

So have raised a customer support case with Renault UK and had this very worrying response for Renault UK:

"I have spoken to the dealer who confirmed that an update was carried out that now requires the battery to be at a 80% charge. This was to protect the battery on the vehicle and to ensure that this has a higher life expectancy. As this was an update for the quality of the battery and to improve the durability this cannot be reversed as the vehicle is driving as it should following the update."

This makes no sense and is incorrect as I charged yesterday to 100% for a longer run.