Battery showing as at 99% after 80% charge on Ohme charger

All Megane Electric related discussions
sedmeades

Post by sedmeades »

We have a new (Sept 23 reg) Renault Megane Electric - advertised as having 280 mile battery range. We have just carried out our first charge up with our new Ohme Home Pro charger. We requested an 80% charge. This morning the Ohme app says it has charged the battery to 80% - 225 miles. The Renault in car display says it is charged to 99% and 199 miles. Anyone any idea what is going on? We are completely new to this. Thanks, Steve & Kate Edmeades

natelittle

Post by natelittle »

Did you set the limit in car or in the charger?

I would go off the car as the accurate reading and use the in car battery limiter in the future to stop it going beyond what you want the change to be
sedmeades

Post by sedmeades »

Thanks for reply - I did not know you can set a limit in the car. We set the Ohme charge schedule to charge to 80% because that is what is recommended for routine charging (for battery health). The bigger concern is whether we are not going to get the advertised 280 mile range, if the car thinks the battery it is nearly full at 199 miles !?
soops

Post by soops »

I also have a Megane EV (since Nov 23) with an Ohme Home Pro charger. I'm not sure if you did any research before buying you vehicle, but you will never get 280 miles range. At the very best in summer, you might get 240 miles with a 100% charge. Since I bought my Megane a 80% charge has given me between 165 and 190 miles range but I do a quite a bit of motorway driving and this drains the battery faster.

You didn't mention which energy supplier you are with. I'm with Octopus Energy and my Car and Ohme work flawlessly with no need to set limits in the car.
sedmeades

Post by sedmeades »

Hi soops thanks for your response. We are with Octopus as well. Have not set up the EV tarrif yet. Only done one charge so far with the Ohme home pro. I get what you say about the 280 mile range (as advertised) being optimistic. The bit I am still struggling with - If I set the Ohme charger to charge the battery to 80% - which it does - and then the car says the battery is at 99% - what is going on? Is it actually at 80%. Have we put too much in the battery ?
natelittle

Post by natelittle »

sedmeades wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:00 pm
Hi soops thanks for your response. We are with Octopus as well. Have not set up the EV tarrif yet. Only done one charge so far with the Ohme home pro. I get what you say about the 280 mile range (as advertised) being optimistic. The bit I am still struggling with - If I set the Ohme charger to charge the battery to 80% - which it does - and then the car says the battery is at 99% - what is going on? Is it actually at 80%. Have we put too much in the battery ?
The car will have the accurate reading of the battery. For some reason it seems like the communication between the charger and cat isn't working and it fully charged. Might be best to report the issue to the charger supplier to get it resolved. In the meantime if you want to limit the battery, I would suggest using the in car feature.