Car alarms going off when sensing key card

Faults and Technical chat for the Renault Megane Electric
Iroko1

Post by Iroko1 »

Has anyone experience that on occasion when the car sensing the key card and the lights comes on the alarm ⏰ sounds off as well, is it just mine or anyone has experience this 😡

jpcavanagh

Post by jpcavanagh »

yes I get the same. The car is going back to SMC tomorrow for them to try and fix it.
jpcavanagh

Post by jpcavanagh »

My SMC dealer fixed this problem. He said it was related to "wire routing and the frequency of a light bulb affecting the volumetric sensor". Whatever that means, the problem has now gone away. I suggest you consider returning your car to the dealer for modification.
Iroko1

Post by Iroko1 »

Thanks I'll be contacting my dealer next week,did they rectified the fault while you wait?
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

Sounds like the power wire feeding the interia light ( that comes on with the remote press) is interfering with the internal motion detector the alarm uses.
jpcavanagh

Post by jpcavanagh »

The dealer took the car first thing Thu, give me a loaner megane etech(!) and I picked mine up the next day
Iroko1

Post by Iroko1 »

Thanks for the heads up I've booked the car in but my earliest appointment at my local Motovogue is the 23rd of march with a courtesy car that's about two months away, absolutely shocking long time to wait if you want a courtesy car