360 camera

All Megane Electric related discussions
Nerdy

Post by Nerdy »

can anyone who has already got their LE car comment on the quality of the 360 camera and if possible post some pictures of how it looks on the screen.

How much space does it occupy on the screen?
Does it activate autmatically whenthe parking sensors are activated (not just in reverse mode)

MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

Hi Nerdy.
Sorry for the delay in responding to your message - I’ve had a hectic weekend.

Honest answer, the quality isn’t fabulous but I want really expecting too much from a 360 camera anyway. As things are set up on my car the top down view occupies about a third of the screen with the other two thirds showing the front or rear view depending upon the direction of travel. This does activate when the sensors start alerting. Given the rotten weather the cameras have gotten mucky on my car and this does affect the images.

I’ll try and sort some picture later and post them so you have a better idea.
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

Couple of pictures to show what I see. I haven’t fiddled with any settings yet.

62E6FAED-E780-44D8-8B4B-9407906005FF.jpeg

B878B1B6-8D92-470C-97B5-7171243A4389.jpeg

Nerdy

Post by Nerdy »

Hello, MANY many thanks for this.

So you can interact and put the 360 view in larger central view?

See this

https://youtu.be/ETXKVf_xz7w
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

Sorry for the delayed response to this one but here goes.

It would appear that this function is either omitted from the spec of cars that have been provided to the uk OR I’m being a plum and can’t find the setting!
I watched your video and have today tried to activate the outside view to no avail. If you look at my screenshot you’ll see there are only options for rear view or top down. I will keep looking but think we’ve possibly been diddled.
tarbat

Post by tarbat »

On my Launch Edition I have 4 display options on the 360 camera screen, including a clever 3D view. Definitely more than the 2 options.
Note that you can also assign the camera view (with all 4 options) to your favourites button on the steering wheel.

20221223_103042.jpg

Nerdy

Post by Nerdy »

tarbat wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:08 am
On my Launch Edition I have 4 display options on the 360 camera screen, including a clever 3D view. Definitely more than the 2 options.
Note that you can also assign the camera view (with all 4 options) to your favourites button on the steering wheel.
Yes that's how it should be... Can I confirm this is UK version with the smaller screen?

Are you able to post a short video of all 4 options please?
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

Hi Tarbat.

That’s bizarre. My launch edition only has the two options as per the screenshot I posted. I’ll be having more of a look in the menus to see if something isn’t ticked. If I can’t find it I’ll take a trip back to Renault with these screenshots in hand.

Thanks for the update and pictures. 👍🏻
Last edited by MonteCol on Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
tarbat

Post by tarbat »

Nerdy wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:38 pm
Yes that's how it should be... Can I confirm this is UK version with the smaller screen?

Yes, UK Launch Edition. Did you assign the Favourites button to the 360 camera?
MonteCol

Post by MonteCol »

Morning all.
I think I’ve worked things out. The 360 view is available in my car but apparently not when I put the car into reverse.
The 360 view can be found when you go into the menu and select the 360 view option but this, for me at least, is a bit of a faff. Surely the options should be in immediately available when they are needed most i.e. when reverse is selected? I suppose it is intended when you’re doing low speed manoeuvres but imagine stopping on a busy UK road and taking the extra time to select this mode before moving. Some impatient plum would end up causing a scene. 😜