Software glitches and an odd question

Faults and Technical chat for the Renault Megane Electric
PDSc0tt

Post by PDSc0tt »

Hi All,
Loving my Megane Techno EV60 in Flame Red with Shadow Grey roof, but I’ve suffered a few little jiggly software glitches. I’m in the UK for reference.

1) multi-sense and audio controls on steering wheel very slow to respond at least once a week. When I press the multisense button or increase volume using the stalk behind the multisense button on the wheel, nothing happens for a few minutes, then the action shows on the display. Only after stopping, turning off and locking the car and leaving it for a few hours, does the behaviour return to instant response from pressing buttons. I’ve mentioned it to my dealership, but they don’t know what it could be and have asked me to monitor it and give them more info. As far as I can tell, it’s just random and not linked to anything specific (I could understand it if Apple CarPlay was glitching something out, but there’s been times I’ve not used that and the same issue has happened).

2) I entered the car yesterday morning (15 C outside, over 67% charge and dry) and instead of the usual welcome splash screen I saw the instrument cluster display, but briefly over the consumption “dial” was the yellow warning “DC charging impossible”. I drove where i needed to go and locked the car before coming back to it after 5 mins. No further warning and I then proceeded to drive to a motorway IONITY rapid 150 kW charger and plug in. Worked fine. No preconditioning done, and at 59% charge it was at 40kW, so charging speed wasn’t unexpected. I’ve mentioned it to the dealer and they said to keep an eye on it and they can then plug it in to do diagnostics if it happens again.

Anyone else had these issues and if so, what solution did you end up with? I’ve checked the vehicle update history and there’s no obvious OTA updates I can see (the only one that shows is the one done at the dealers on 5th June when I collected the car).

Now for the odd question:

What size and type of wiper blades (front and rear) does the Megane have? I’ve got the part numbers for the two fronts off the dealer, but I usually use Bosch ones on all my cars and they’re coming up short. I think the drivers one is 600 mm (or 650 mm) and the passenger one is 450 mm (or 400 mm) and maybe the back is 240 mm, but for those out there that have replaced them, what sizes and brands did you go for?

AlexOz

Post by AlexOz »

I have had the multi-sense and audio issue happen quite a lot, rather annoying when the audio gets stuck on loud as the volume buttons on the screen does not work as well. :lol:

Android auto is playing up at the moment as well, works 10% of the time, Car says park up and check settings on phone and phone says continue on car, done a full reset of the car and tried deferent phones to no avail.
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

I've had the very delayed audio command delays that queue up and all get actioned like 10 minutes later. But a power down and restart seems to bring it right and its only happened once in 10 months and 10K miles of driving.
I'd say its a software bug that is causing long timeout delays locking the system up. But no idea what.
I doubt a diag will show anything useful in the logs.
Freds Dad

Post by Freds Dad »

I’ve got several issues with the r-link system also with remote keycard.
If your Android auto refuses to work as you’d expect touch and hold the icon until “force stop” appears on the screen, press the selection and it will then restart Android auto it should then restart as normal. The software needs some major updates even a complete re-think because the system is full of odd glitches.

This is my odd one….Both keycards only work for precisely 2 weeks (14 days) I have to put a new battery in, I have purchased 3 different makes of battery but it makes no difference….my dealer thinks I’m mad😂😂🤷🏻‍♂️
Kenneth Taylor

Post by Kenneth Taylor »

My speed indicator on the dashboard keeps going off. I do not know what the speed is and sometimes it is giving me incorrect speed limits
MLS222

Post by MLS222 »

Hi, I had the software warning of dc charging not possible come on for literally 1 second and then disappear when opening the car up and getting into my seat and then it doesn’t appear. Did you have any joy with the dealer.

I am not up to speed on this preconditioning of batteries to get the fast charger power speed - this seems really ridiculous to have to warm your battery for long periods (so wasting energy) before using the fast chargers.

I also had the issue of where I tried to control from steering controls the volume and nothing happening last week and with a few minutes the volume went up to the top volume! The two screens went blank and black and then turned its self back on all while driving - this was a bit alarming to say the least - super distracting and to be honest I didn’t think it was safe - I was just glad I had control over the car still. I had to pull over to stop the car and restart just incase!
Can you tell me what version/number software update you have in your car? I might ring my dealer and see can I come in for a check to see if there are any non over the air updates needed.

Let me know when you have a chance.
I got my car in September 2023 it’s the techno model.
Thanks in advance
ATSR

Post by ATSR »

+1 to the freezing volume and delayed actions - happens about once a week. Annoyingly the volume somehow gets stuck on the loudest usually! Is there a way to reset the Android (?) multi-media system or does that happen when you stop the car and stop the engine?
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Restart the system by giving a long press on the multimedia system on/off button (keep pressed until the system restarts).
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6 | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV
jewell080

Post by jewell080 »

Hi

I have all of the issues you are reporting above. I got in a long chat with Renault multimedia about the controls being very laggy and in responsive.

I have had my headlights replaced. Due to a automatic headlight error.

My car is currently in the dealership for the charging impossible error. Has been in for 2 weeks. I'm still none the wiser.

I'm glad it isn't just me.