flat battery

Faults and Technical chat for the Renault Megane Electric
pzcrash

Post by pzcrash »

We have a 2 month old E tech that has only done 700 miles, Having charged several times using AC chargers we have had an issue after using a DC 40kw charger. The car has charged ok up to 80% but then a warning on the dash comes on advising to check the electrical system and another saying the main battery is flat. The vehicle went back to the dealer and came back fixed saying it had a software update carried out and vehicle was charged up to 100%. However now the same thing has happened again charged up from 45% to 80 but now wont start and has the same warnings as before.
The chargers we have used all been project EV and Rolec chargers 7.2 kw and 22KW AC but the problem has arisen after using the Project EV 40kw DC charger.
Has anybody had any charging issues with any DC fast chargers ? I cant imagine we are the only people in the world to have used a Project Ev DC charger ?
Thank you

Humphj

Post by Humphj »

I've only had the car a week but the car itself was first new in August 2023. We had a long journey yesterday for a family reunion which was an almost 200 mile round trip. So on the way back I decided to top up at some fast chargers. I used an open to all Tesla charger first which wouldn't connect to the car. I then tried 2 different Osprey chargers, again to no avail, even though one had just been released from another EV, so was working. In the end I limped back home with 7% left. Charged from my home charger overnight to 55% and tried a local Shell Re-Charge point. Again, the car wouldn't charge. Going back to the dealer in January to try and sort it, and also the Regen braking which doesn't work with no screen icon.
Lorenberg

Post by Lorenberg »

Hello,

I read your message and I am in the same situation.
I have a 06/2022 Renault Megane 60kW bought in Italy in September 2023.
No problem so far, but one day I tried charging on a DC charger and the charge wouldn't start.
I tried several chargers (including Tesla and others that I regularly used before), but the DC does not start.

No issue on the AC part.

The dealer says it is a software issue to be fixed in January by an update (not over the air, but they need to do this in the workshop) and
it told me I am already the second one reporting this problem to him.....
Let's cross the fingers and hope it is just a temporary (even if very annoying....) situation.
neilgall

Post by neilgall »

My car received an update this week which said it was to improve compatibility with public chargers. Might be worth checking if it's available for yours too.

I should add I have successfully charged with DC once at an MFG site, soon after I got the car in August.
Lorenberg

Post by Lorenberg »

Hello,
This is a good news!
I don’t have anything new so far, but hopefully it is a new update still to be released for my car…what is its exact name?
neilgall

Post by neilgall »

It said Electric Engine 1.1.0. I tried googling but didn't find any more details.
colinsmith18

Post by colinsmith18 »

Interesting. I've used a number of DC chargers here in the UK and in France over the last 12 months and not had any issues. A puzzling inconsistency.............
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

Had my E-Tech for over a year now and 15K miles. Mainly charge at home on a 7.4KW AC charger but regularly use fast and rapid DC charges with no issue.